||Session A: Clinical Challenges in Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis
- Evaluation and Management of Acute Recurrent Pancreatitis
Santhi Swaroop Vege, MD, MACG
Outline the definition, diagnosis, and evaluation of the patient with ARP, including the indications and roles of endoscopic, medical, and surgical treatments.
- A Practical Multidisciplinary Approach to the Diagnosis and Management of Chronic Pancreatitis
Tyler Stevens, MD, FACG
Summarize the indications and roles of medical, endoscopic, and surgical management of CP, including pain management.
- Management of Acute Necrotizing Pancreatitis in 2020: An Update
Prabhleen Chahal, MD, FACG
Discuss the evidence-based, multidisciplinary and state of the art approach to management of the patient with severe necrotizing pancreatitis.
||Session B: IBD: The Latest and Greatest In…
David P. Hudesman, MD
Analyze up-to-date evidence, including comparative effectiveness, of biologic and small molecule efficacy in IBD.
Raymond K. Cross, Jr., MD, MS, FACG
Recognize current safety concerns for biologics and small molecules used to treat IBD.
- …Emerging Therapies
Bincy P. Abraham, MD, FACG
Identify promising therapeutics for the treatment of IBD.
||Session C: Hot Topics in Liver Disease
- Management of Cirrhotic Complications
Mitchell A. Mah’moud, MD, FACG
Discuss the current strategies for high quality management of HE, ascites, and complications of end stage liver disease.
- AKI in Cirrhotics
Paul Y. Kwo, MD, FACG
Describe the current definition of acute kidney injury (AKI) in cirrhotics and identify the strategies to prevent and treat.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease
Mark W. Russo, MD, MPH, FACG
Identify the epidemiology of alcoholic liver disease, current management, and future therapies.
||Session D: Symptoms Following Foregut Interventions: It’s Back in Your Court
- Reflux and Recurrent Dysphagia After Achalasia Interventions
Rena H. Yadlapati, MD, MSHS
Formulate a treatment strategy for patients who remain symptomatic after intervention for achalasia.
- Dysphagia, Dyspepsia, and Bloating After Anti-Reflux Surgery
Scott L. Gabbard, MD
Manage dysphagia and functional gastrointestinal symptoms after antireflux surgery.
- Weight Lost, Symptoms Gained: Complaints After Bariatric Surgery
Violeta B. Popov, MD, PhD, FACG
Identify and manage common patient concerns after bariatric surgery.
||Session E: Innovations in Practice Management
- Social Media and Your Practice: The Why and How
Mark B. Pochapin, MD, FACG
Discuss benefits and risks of having a social media presence for your practice and how to establish one, including creating a website and handling patient reviews.
- Telemedicine and Your Practice: Is It Worth It?
Jordan J. Karlitz, MD, FACG
Describe infrastructure, settings, coding, reimbursement, and the specific experience/advantage for hepatology and IBD, especially in underserved areas.
- APPs and Your Practice: Maximizing Their Potential While Providing Quality Care
Daniel J. Pambianco, MD, FACG
Identify the role of APPs in various practice and specialty settings, how to train APPs, utilizing various billing scenarios, and how to make it profitable.
||Session F: Colonic Conundrums
- Pseudo-Obstruction – Update on Management
Charles J. Kahi, MD, MSc, FACG
Summarize the current practice standards for diagnosis and management of pseudo-obstruction of the colon.
- Know When to Stent ‘em and When to Cut ‘em: Managing Malignant Obstruction
Amrita Sethi, MD
Identify when to stent versus when to operate in malignant colorectal obstruction.
- Acute and Recurrent Diverticulitis – To Cut or Not to Cut
Susan Galandiuk, MD, FACG, FACS, FASCRS
Discuss the updated guidelines for treatment of acute and recurrent diverticulitis and when to operate.
||Session G: Minimizing and Managing Endoscopic Complications: Tips and Tricks from the Experts
- Endoscopic Resection
Amit Bhatt, MD
Describe management of complications associated with EMR, ESD, EFTR and STER procedures.
Shivangi T. Kothari, MD, FACG
Discuss management of common and uncommon complications in ERCP and EUS.
- Endoscopic Complication Pot-pourri
Patrick I. Okolo, III, MD, MPH
Identify the various types of endoscopic complications and their optimal management.
||Session H: When GI Meets Surgery in IBD – The Severe UC Patient
- Steroid Refractory UC
Jimmy K. Limdi, MD, FACG
Describe treatments available for steroid refractory ulcerative colitis.
- Time to Meet the Surgeon
Jean H. Ashburn, MD
Discuss key components of the surgical consultation in medically refractory ulcerative colitis.
- Back to the GI – J-Pouch Complications
Shannon Chang, MD
Categorize common complications arising in patients with ileal pouch-anal anastomosis.
||Session I: Recent ACG Liver Guidelines
- Vascular Disorders of the Liver
Douglas Simonetto, MD
Distinguish the different vascular disorders of the liver and recognize management strategies.
Vinay Sundaram, MD
Evaluate patients for iron overload and describe treatment plans.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease
Ashwani K. Singal, MD, MS, FACG
Explain the different aspects of alcoholic liver disease and summarize the latest guideline recommendations.
||Session J: 2020 Hindsight: Where We Have Been and Where We Are Going
- High-Quality Endoscopic Mucosal Resection: When and How
Christina J. Tofani, MD
Discuss the appropriate use of EMR, provide practical pearls, and demonstrate the techniques used for EMR.
- I Should Have Seen It Coming! Preventing and Managing Polypectomy Complications
Douglas K. Rex, MD, MACG
Explain how to decrease complications of polypectomy, including tips regarding cautery, snares, and prophylactic clipping, and how to manage bleeding and perforations.
- Today and Tomorrow: Technological Advances That Matter
Seth A. Gross, MD, FACG
Identify the hot technology of today and what is around the corner that could change the practice of GI and quality metrics.
|| Session K: Hey, It’s Legal Now: Cannabinoids and the Gut
- Cannabinoid Effects on Motility and Pain
Ron Schey, MD, FACG
Differentiate various effects of cannabinoids on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Cannabinoids: Friend or Foe in Nausea and Vomiting?
Thangam Venkatesan, MD
Contrast risk and benefits of cannabinoids in patients with chronic nausea and vomiting.
- It’s High Time We Learn How to Talk to Patients About Cannabis
Linda Anh B. Nguyen, MD
Formulate an approach to the discussion of cannabinoids in patients with gastrointestinal symptoms.
|| Session L: Management Strategies for Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Medical Management: PPI and Steroid Therapy
Jennifer Horsley-Silva, MD
Identify the benefits of each individual approach to therapy in EoE: PPI, topical steroids, or both.
- Dietary Management: Two, Four or Six Food Elimination?
Nirmala Gonsalves, MD
Describe the benefits and burden of different food elimination diets in the management of EOE.
- Management of Refractory EoE
Evan S. Dellon, MD, MPH, FACG
Define refractory EoE and describe potential alternative therapies/approaches to control disease.
||Session M: FMT
- How to Introduce FMT Into Your Practice – Formulation, Administration, and Regulation
Neilanjan Nandi, MD
Explain the how to’s involved in setting up FMT in a GI practice.
- The Science Behind the Stool
Jessica R. Allegretti, MD, MPH
Identify clinically relevant information for the practicing gastroenterologist regarding how FMT works, potential side effects, precautions, and how this applies to managing patients.
- Current and Future Indications for FMT
Colleen R. Kelly, MD, FACG
Discuss current and speculate future uses of FMT.
|| Session N: Reproduction in IBD: From Conception to Postpartum
- Fertility and Conception: It Takes Two!
Shayla A. Schoenoff, PA
Discuss common fertility and preconception concerns for men and women with IBD.
- Pregnancy: The Three Trimesters
Eugenia Shmidt, MD
Describe the management of IBD during pregnancy and delivery.
- Postpartum: The Fourth Trimester
Lisa B. Malter, MD, FACG
Outline challenges of IBD treatment in the postpartum period, including lactation, resumption of therapy, and infant vaccinations.
|| Session O: Fundamentals of Quality Liver Care
- Updates in Viral Hepatitis
Joseph C. Ahn, MD, MS, MBA, FACG
Distinguish between the different viral hepatitides and identify the best management options.
- Preop Management of Patients With Liver Disease
Mitchell L. Shiffman, MD, FACG
Describe best practices for preoperative management of patients with liver disease.
- Noninvasive Evaluation of Fibrosis
Michael F. Chang, MD
Compare the latest options on noninvasive evaluation of hepatic fibrosis and understand how to choose the between the options.