The ACG Auxiliary will provide a Hospitality Suite for spouses, significant others, and families during the ACG2018 Annual Meeting, offering a place to relax and unwind, sign up for tours and get visitor information, or just chat with friends.
Hospitality Suite Hours: 8:00 am - 10:00 am | Saturday, October 6, 2018 – Tuesday October 9, 2018
Mural Arts Tour
Sunday, October 7, 2018 | 10:00 am
Description: The auxiliary group will be exploring the numerous murals in Philadelphia onboard the Masterpieces East Trolley Tour. Join them for this 2-hour adventure through the various neighborhoods of the city while getting a glimpse of some of the beautiful murals. The group will meet the trolley in front of the Marriott Downtown Philadelphia at 10am.
Price: $40/members | $50/non-members
The Constitutional Walking Tour
Monday, October 8, 2018 | 10:00 am
Description: Immerse yourself in a 75-minute walking tour that will take you all across the city of Philadelphia. During this 1.25 mile journey you will get to explore places like The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and the Betsy Ross House with a private docent. Come join other members of the Auxiliary group and learn about the rich history that lies in Philly. The tour will take place rain or shine.
Price: $20/members | $30/non-members
View Tour Map
Auxiliary Member Luncheon
Monday, October 8, 2018 | 12:30 pm
Description: Join Chef at the Marriott Downtown Philadelphia for a personalized chef demo and catered lunch. Be able to not only taste what you see Chef create before you, but also take the recipes home to try at home. This is an Auxiliary Member only lunch.
Price: Complimentary for Auxiliary members only.
Things to see and do in Philadelphia
- Independence National Historic Park (known locally as Independence Mall)
- Independence Visitor Center (Timed tickets are available) ACGA has Walking tour with guide)
- Independence Hall
- Liberty Bell Center
- Museum of the American Revolution (Brand new)
- Betsy Ross House (first American flag designed)
- President’s House
- Free Quaker Meeting House
- National Constitution Center (history of our constitution)
- US Mint
- Arch Street Friends Meeting House
- Christ Church Burial Ground
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Congregation Mikveh Israel (Oldest congregation built 1740)
- Second Bank of the United States
- Philosophical Hall and Liberty Hall founded by Ben Franklin as a “think tank”
- Declaration House
- Barnes Foundation (2025 Benjamin Franklin Parkway) | barnesfoundation.org
- Philadelphia Museum of Art ( Ben Franklin Pkwy and 26th, “Rocky’s Steps")
- Rodin Museum (Ben Franklin Pkwy and 21-22nd st)
- Franklin Institute Science Museum (20th and Ben Franklin Pkwy)
Shopping (walking distance from convention center)
- Rittenhouse Row: Center City, along Walnut St. from 15th St. to Rittenhouse Square
- South Street | many diverse shops from 5th St. to 11th
- Antique Row along Pine St
- Nordstrom Rack | S 17th Street and Chestnut St.
- Bloomingdales Outlet | between S 17th and S 16th Street on Chestnut St
Malls (transportation needed)
- Philadelphia Mills Mall 1455 Franklin Mills Circle, PA (16min drive)
- Cherry Hill Mall, 2000 Route 38, Cherry Hill, NJ (~20min drive from Center)
- Tanger Outlets, The Walk 2014 Baltic Ave, Atlantic City, NJ (58min drive)
- VF Outlet Center 801 Hill Ave, Reading, PA (1hr 7min drive)
- Reading Terminal Market: located next to the Convention Center
- The Bourse Food Court and Specialty Shops | 111 S Independence Mall
- Italian Market Runs along 9th St. from Wharton to Fitzwater St: Outdoor market with fruits, veggies, speciality cheese, meats and pasta. Closed on Mondays.
- Claudio’s Speciality Foods 924 S 9th St.
- Fante’s Kitchen Shop | 1006 S 9th St.: floor to ceiling cookware, utensils and appliances.
- Aqua Malaysian & Thai Restaurant | 705 Chestnut St. | (215) 928-2838
- Bistro Romano 120 Lombard St.
- Continental Restaurant & Martini Bar, 138 Market St. | (215) 923-6069
- El Fuego (Mexican restaurant) | 723 Walnut St. (215)592-1901
- The Bourse (International) | 111S Independence Mall East | (215)625-0300
- Amada (Spanish) | 217 Chestnut St. | (215)625-2450
- Pizzeria Stella | 420 S 2nd St. | (215)320-8000
- Vernick Food & Drink (new American) | 2031 Walnut St. | (297)639-6644
- Zahav (Israeli) | 237 St James Pl. | (215)625-8800
- Bistro Romano (Best romantic Italian restaurant in Philly) | 120 Lombard St. | (215)925-8880
- Postano Coast (Seafood) | 212 Walnut St, 2nd floor | (215) 238-0499
- Malbec Argentine Steakhouse | 400 S 2nd St. | (215)515-3899
- Alma de Cuba (Cuban) | 1623 Walnut St. | (215)625-988-1799
- Buddakan | 325 Chestnut St. | (215)574-9440 (Asian fusion, reservation needed.)
- Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse | 111 S 17th St. | (215)563-4810
- El Vez (Mexican) | 121 S 13th St. | (215)928-9800
- Fogo de Chao (steakhouse) | 1337 Chestnut St. | (215)636-9700
- Talula’ Garden (American) | 210 W Washington Sq. | (215)592-7787
- Lacroix at the Rittenhouse | 210 W Rittenhouse Sq. | (215)790-2533
- McCormick and Schmick’s (Seafood & Steaks) | 15 Broad St. | (215)568-6888
- Parc (French) | 227 S 18th St. | (215)545-2262
- Verti Cucina | 1312 Spruce St. | (215) 732-3478 upscale Italian.
- Friday Saturday Sunday | 261 South 21st | (215)546-4232
- Pizzeria Verti 1615 Chancellar St. | (215)763-3760
- Oyster House (Seafood) | 1516 Sansom St. | (215)567-7683
- Barclay Prime (Steakhouse) | 237 S 18th St. | (215)732-7560
- Estia (Greek) | 1405 Locust St. | (215)735-7700
Logan Square and Parkway Museums
- Pizzeria Verti | 1939 Callowhill St. | (215) 600-2629
- Osteria (Italian) | 640 N Broad St. | (215) 763-0920
- Alla Spina (Italian) | 1410 Mt Vernon St. | (215) 600-0017
- Sabrina’s Café | 1804 Callowhill St. | (215) 636-9061
- Urban Farmer | 1850 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy | (215) 963-2788
- Geno’s Steaks | 1219 S 9th St.
- Pat’s King of Steaks | 1237 E Passyunk Ave.
Things for Kids
- Playground Rittenhouse Square
- Academy of Natural Sciences
- Camden Children’s Garden and Aquarium
- Franklin Institute
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Adventure Aquarium
- Please Touch Museum
- Philadelphia Zoo
- Philadelphia Insectarium
- Sesame Place