The general abstract submission period for ACG 2022 has closed.
The submission deadline was Monday, June 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. We are not able to accept any modifications, additions, corrections, or author changes to either submitted or accepted abstracts. Authors identified as the Presenting Author will be notified by email regarding acceptance or non-acceptance of the abstract by or before July 29. Please do not contact the ACG Office prior to this date to inquire about the status of your abstract. The Presenting Author is responsible for notifying all coauthors of an abstract’s acceptance. More details about notification and acceptance are available at conferenceabstracts.com/acg2022.html
The online submission period for late-breaking abstracts will be August 15 - September 1, 2022. Details will be made available on this site in mid-July. Authors of accepted late-breaking abstracts will be notified in mid-September, and must register for and present their abstract in person at the ACG 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting in Charlotte, NC.
Late-breaking abstracts must abide by the same submission guidelines and instructions required for abstracts submitted during the general March 14 – June 20, 2022 submission period.Guidelines for late-breaking abstracts will be the same as for the general submission period abstracts*, with the following exceptions:
- Abstracts will be considered if they detail high-quality clinical research results that were not available or fully analyzed at the general abstract deadline (June 20, 2022).
- Abstracts that were already considered during the general abstract period should not be resubmitted.
- Clinical vignettes, case reports, and video submissions will not be considered.
- Late-breaking abstracts are only considered for oral presentation and not as posters, and they will not be included in the supplement to the October 2022 issue of The American Journal of Gastroenterology
*Click here for the complete general abstract submission instructions.
- Clinical Vignettes/Case Reports (5 or fewer patients only)
- Colorectal Cancer Prevention
- Endoscopy Video Forum
- Functional Bowel Disease
- General Endoscopy (EGD, colonoscopy, sedation, etc.)
- GI Bleeding
- Interventional Endoscopy (ERCP, EUS, ESD, bariatric endoscopy, etc.)
- Practice Management (quality, EMR, healthcare disparities, malpractice, etc.)
- Small Intestine
With the exception of accepted late-breaking abstracts, all accepted abstracts will appear in a special supplement to the October 2022 issue of The American Journal of Gastroenterology.
Important Abstract Dates:
|Monday, March 14||Abstract submission period opens|
|Monday, June 20, 11:59 pm (EDT)||Abstract submission period closes|
|Mid to Late July||Abstract notifications are emailed to Presenting Authors|
|Mid to Late July||Deadline to accept invitation to present|
|Thursday, September 1||Deadline for oral abstract presenters to submit a slide presentation|
|Friday, September 16||Deadline for oral abstract presenters to submit an mp4 presentation recording|
|Friday, October 7||Deadline for poster presenters to submit an ePoster file and record 3-minute narrative|
|Sunday - Tuesday, October 23-25||Accepted poster presentations will be scheduled for display in Charlotte on one of these days|
|Monday, October 24||Endoscopy Video Forum (Details below)|
|Monday - Wednesday, October 24-26||Accepted oral abstracts will be scheduled for in-person presentation on one of these days|
- ACG Auxiliary Awards
- ACG Case Reports Journal Awards
- Category Awards
- Fellows Awards
- ACG Governors Awards for Excellence in Clinical Research
- International Award
- Lawlor Resident Award
- Naomi Nakao Gender-Based Research Award*
- Pediatric GI Award
- Radhika Srinivasan Gender-Based Research Award*
The winners for each award will be selected by the ACG 2022 Abstract Selection Committee based on scores and merit of qualifying abstracts submitted, and the criteria for each award. For complete details, download the Abstract Award Guidelines.
*To be considered for this award, you must indicate your desire to apply in the Awards section during online submission of your abstract.