The general abstract submission period for ACG 2020 has closed.
The submission deadline was Monday, June 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. We are not able to accept any modifications, additions, corrections, or author changes to either submitted or accepted abstracts. Authors identified as the Presenting Author will be notified by email regarding acceptance or non-acceptance of the abstract by or before July 31. Please do not contact the ACG Office prior to this date to inquire about the status of your abstract. More details about notification and acceptance are available at conferenceabstracts.com/acg2020.html
The online submission period for late-breaking abstracts will be August 17 - September 3, 2020. Details will be made available on this site in mid-July. Authors of accepted late-breaking abstracts will be notified in early September, and must register for and present their abstract at the ACG 2020 Scientific Meeting.
Late-breaking abstracts must abide by the same submission guidelines and instructions required for abstracts submitted during the general February 24 – June 15, 2020 submission period.Guidelines for late-breaking abstracts will be the same as for the general submission period abstracts*, with the following exceptions:
- Abstracts will be considered if they detail high-quality clinical research results that were not available or fully analyzed at the general abstract deadline (June 15, 2020).
- Abstracts that were already considered during the general abstract period should not be resubmitted.
- Clinical vignettes, case reports, and video submissions will not be considered.
- Late-breaking abstracts are only considered for oral presentation and not as posters.
*Click here for the complete general submission instructions.
- Clinical Vignettes/Case Reports (5 or fewer patients only)
- Colorectal Cancer Prevention
- Endoscopy Video Forum
- Functional Bowel Disease
- General Endoscopy (EGD, colonoscopy, sedation, etc.)
- GI Bleeding
- Interventional Endoscopy (ERCP, EUS, ESD, bariatric endoscopy, etc.)
- Practice Management (quality, EMR, healthcare disparities, malpractice, etc.)
- Small Intestine
All abstracts submitted, regardless of whether or not they are selected for oral or poster presentation, will appear in a special supplement to the October 2020 issue of The American Journal of Gastroenterology.
Important Abstract Dates:
|Monday, February 24||Abstract submission period opens|
|Monday, June 15, 11:59 pm (EDT)||Abstract submission period closes|
|Mid to Late July||Abstract acceptance notifications are sent|
|Late July to Early August||Deadline to accept invitation to present|
|Late August||Deadline for oral abstract presenters to submit a slide presentation|
|Friday - Wednesday, October 23-28||ACG 2020|
- ACG Auxiliary Awards
- ACG Case Reports Journal Awards
- Category Awards
- Fellows Awards
- ACG Governors Awards for Excellence in Clinical Research
- International Award
- Lawlor Resident Award
- Naomi Nakao Gender-Based Research Award*
- Pediatric GI Award
- Radhika Srinivasan Gender-Based Research Award*
The winners for each award will be selected by the ACG 2020 Abstract Selection Committee based on scores and merit of qualifying abstracts submitted, and the criteria for each award. For complete details, download the Abstract Award Guidelines.
*To be considered for this award, you must indicate your desire to apply in the Awards section during online submission of your abstract.