|Introduction by Course Directors
|Session 2A: Esophageal Disorders
Moderator: Nicholas J. Shaheen, MD, MPH, MACG
- NERD, GERD, and Everything in Between
Christine Y. Hachem, MD, FACG
Discuss a practical approach to the evaluation and management of heartburn, reflux, and atypical chest pain, including the management of PPI-refractory patients and anti-reflux therapies.
- Barrett’s Esophagus: Screening, Surveillance, Ablate or Resect?
Nicholas J. Shaheen, MD, MPH, MACG
Review the current recommendations for the evaluation and management of Barrett’s esophagus.
- Esophageal Motility Disorders: Common Presentations, Testing Modalities, and Treatments
Jennifer Horsley-Silva, MD
Provide an overview of the various esophageal motility disorders with their evaluation and management including indications for the use of EndoFLIP and high-resolution manometry.
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis: Updates From the ACG Guidelines
Evan S. Dellon, MD, MPH, FACG
Highlight the key recommendations for the evaluation and management of eosinophilic esophagitis based on the recent ACG guidelines.
- Panel Q & A
|Session 2B: Personalizing IBD Therapy to Improve Outcomes
Moderator: Jill K. J. Gaidos, MD, FACG
- Positioning IBD Therapies for UC: Where to Start and When to Switch
David T. Rubin, MD, FACG
Review the current evidence to support optimal positioning of the available ulcerative colitis therapies and when to move on to the next treatment option.
- Management of Complex Crohn’s Disease
Miguel D. Regueiro, MD, FACG
Discuss current evidence-based strategies for treating complex or refractory Crohn’s disease including recommendations for post-operative management.
- Risks of Adverse Side Effects With New IBD Therapies: Selecting Treatment Based on
Millie D. Long, MD, MPH, FACG
Provide an overview of the potential adverse side effects of the newest IBD therapies and how they may impact medication selection.
- Role of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring in Today’s IBD Practice
Jill K. J. Gaidos, MD, FACG
Highlight the continued role for therapeutic drug monitoring in the current management of IBD patients.
- Colonic Dysplasia in IBD: Surveil or Resect?
Samir A. Shah, MD, FACG
Explore the updated guidelines on CRC surveillance in IBD including the role of endoscopic therapy vs surgical resection.
- Panel Q & A
|Break for Learning Luncheons
|12:20 pm –
Sunday Optional Learning Luncheon Bonus Sessions
ACG has combined the popular in-person Learning Luncheons with on-demand access to the pre-recorded lectures for ALL 24 Learning Luncheon Bonus Sessions. Add this optional package to your Postgraduate Course registration for even more first-class education that provides an additional 18 hours of CME/MOC credit!
You must register for the Postgraduate Course in order to purchase the optional Learning Luncheon Bonus Sessions package. Both in-person and virtual registrants can purchase this add-on package. In-person attendees purchasing the package will be able to select a Saturday and a Sunday luncheon presentation to attend during the registration process.
- Health Disparities Among Patients With Chronic Liver Diseases
Fasiha Kanwal, MD, MSHS
Discuss the prevalence of health inequities within the care of patients with chronic liver disease, and provide strategies to address these inequities to minimize their impact.
- How Do I Approach the Patient With Diarrhea?
William D. Chey, MD, FACG
Discuss the diagnostic evaluation of chronic diarrhea and management including medical therapies and diet and lifestyle interventions.
- Evaluating Elevated LFTs
Vijay H. Shah, MD, FACG
Highlight a practical approach to the evaluation of elevated liver enzymes including when to refer to a transplant center.
- Gastric Premalignant Conditions: Updates From the Guidelines
Douglas R. Morgan, MD, MPH, FACG
Provide recommendations from the recent ACG guidelines on the evaluation and treatment of gastric premalignant conditions.
- Elevated Pancreatic Enzymes: Incidental, Drug-Induced, Pathogenic, or Autoimmune?
Vikesh K. Singh, MD, MSc
Describe the evaluation of a patient with elevated pancreatic enzymes, and explore treatment strategies for the different potential etiologies responsible for this elevation.
- Cannabis for Gastrointestinal Disorders: Everything You Wanted to Know, But Were Afraid to Ask
Linda Anh B. Nguyen, MD, FACG
Provide an overview of the endocannabinoid system and identify the role of cannabinoids in the treatment of disorders of gut-brain interaction and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Gut Dysbiosis and the Role of Fecal Microbiota Transplantation in GI Disorders
Jessica R. Allegretti, MD, MPH, FACG
Discuss gut dysbiosis and microbiome interventions in disorders of the GI tract.
- Advancing Your Colonoscopy Skills: Integrating EMR, Water Colonoscopy, and CO2 Into Your Everyday Practice
Mark B. Pochapin, MD, FACG
Describe practical tips and evidenced-based recommendations for improving adenoma detection and resection during colonoscopy.
- Optimizing Diagnosis and Therapy of H. pylori: An ACG Guidelines-Based Approach
Shailja C. Shah, MD, MPH
Discuss the diagnosis and management of H. pylori, including treatment failures and refractory disease, focusing on updates from the recent ACG guidelines.
- Management of Intra-Abdominal and Perianal Abscesses and Fistulae in Crohn’s Disease: Antibiotics, Biologics, Drainage, or Surgery?
Andres J. Yarur, MD, FACG
Highlight evidence-based recommendations for the management of complications of Crohn’s disease.
- Revenge of the Cheesesteak: Foreign Bodies, Food Impactions, and Other Fun Middle of the Night Calls
Melissa Latorre, MD, MS
Differentiate the use of various endoscopic tools and techniques for the treatment of foreign body ingestion and food impactions.
- ERCPs: How to Make Difficult Biliary Cannulations Easier and Minimize Your Pancreatitis Risk
Allison R. Schulman, MD, MPH
Review practical tips for performing ERCP in difficult cases while minimizing the risk for complications, and compare the data on post-ERCP pancreatitis preventative strategies including medical therapies, intravenous fluids, and pancreatic stenting.
|1:45 pm –
Symposium D: New Innovations in Endoscopy
Moderator: Seth A. Gross, MD, FACG
- Integrating Artificial Intelligence into CRC Screening to Improve Visualization and Characterization
Seth A. Gross, MD, FACG
Describe how AI can be a useful clinical tool to improve adenoma detection rates and reduce interval colon cancers.
- Splitting the Wall: Updates on Submucosal and Full-Thickness Endoscopy
Peter V. Draganov, MD, FACG
Illustrate the indications for and newest data on various endoscopic tunneling and resection techniques including POEM, ESD, and EFTR.
- Punching Through the Wall: Lumen-Apposing Metals Stents - Where Can We Go?
Amrita Sethi, MD
Discuss the appropriate clinical scenarios for the use of lumen-apposing stents including both endoscopic drainage and endoscopic access procedures.
- Panel Q & A
Symposium E: Abdominal Distention: Dysmotility, Dysbiosis, or Diet?
Moderator: Baharak Moshiree, MD, MSc, FACG
- Gastroparesis: Diagnosis, Medical and Endoscopic Therapies
Baharak Moshiree, MD, MSc, FACG
Describe evidence-based approaches to the evaluation and treatment of gastroparesis including dietary modifications, medications, and endoscopic therapy.
- SIBO, Disaccharidase Deficiencies, Foods, and Functional – What Do I Do?
Brooks D. Cash, MD, FACG
Illustrate the different causes of bloating, when to consider further evaluation, and provide an overview of treatment options as part of a practical diagnostic approach.
- Celiac Disease – What’s New and What’s on the Horizon
Amy S. Oxentenko, MD, FACG
Highlight key updates in the evaluation and management of celiac disease.
- Panel Q & A
Symposium F: Non-IBD Infectious and Inflammatory Colidities
Moderator: David J. Hass, MD, FACG
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Clostridioides difficile and Recurrent
Neil H. Stollman, MD, FACG
Outline current and future therapies for initial and refractory C. difficile infection including antibiotics, fecal microbial transplantation, and biologics.
- Diverticulitis, SCAD, and Epiploic Appendagitis: What’s New?
David J. Hass, MD, FACG
Describe the clinical presentations, diagnosis, and treatment of various common colonic conditions with a focus on updated recommendations.
- When Immunotherapy Goes Wrong: Management of Gastrointestinal, Pancreatic, and Hepatic Toxicities
Shilpa Grover, MD, MPH
Provide guidance on the evaluation and treatment for adverse GI side effects from immunotherapy.
- Panel Q & A
|Break / Exhibit Hall Opens
|Session 2C: Colon Cancer Screening and Management of Colon Polyps
Moderator: Aasma Shaukat, MD, MPH, FACG
- CRC Screening: When to Start, What Modality to Use, When to Stop
Aasma Shaukat, MD, MPH, FACG
Discuss the recent colon cancer screening guidelines for how best to screen, when to start, and when to stop.
- Optimizing Colonoscopy Performance: Tips and Tricks to Improve Quality
Douglas K. Rex, MD, MACG
Describe practical tips and evidenced-based recommendations for improving prep quality, adenoma detection, and complete polyp resection.
- Resecting Colon Polyps: Snare, EMR, or ESD?
Shivangi T. Kothari, MD, FACG
Illustrate various techniques for complete polyp resection based on polyp type, size, and location.
- Panel Q & A
|Take-Home Pearls: What Did We Learn Today?
Jodie A. Barkin, MD, FACG, and Jill K. J. Gaidos, MD, FACG
Review important and practical take-home messages from today’s talks.
|Postgraduate Course Adjourns