||Optional Breakfast Sessions - Choose from 4
(You must register and pay separately for breakfast sessions during the registration process.)
Breakfast M: The End of the Road: A Primer on Anorectal Disorders
Moderator: Arnold Wald, MD, MACG
- Ouch: Diagnosis and Treatment of Hemorrhoids and Anal Fissures
Arnold Wald, MD, MACG
Elaborate on current state of knowledge on the diagnosis and non-procedural treatments for hemorrhoids and anal fissures.
- Oy, It’s Not Working Right: Defecatory Dysfunction
Amy E. Foxx-Orenstein, DO, MACG
Describe the pathophysiology and treatment of impaired defecation including incontinence and dysynergy.
- But Can We Fix It? Anorectal Interventions for the Gastroenterologist
Harry E. Sarles, Jr., MD, FACG
Discuss possible anorectal interventions such as banding, injectates, and others.
Breakfast N: Esophageal Motility Disorders – Moving the Field Forward
Moderator: John E. Pandolfino, MD, MSCI, FACG
- EGJ Outflow Obstruction – Don’t Count on IRP
Abraham R. Khan, MD, FACG
Define true pathology from artifact and determine appropriate management for esophagogastric junction obstruction.
- Personalized Management of Achalasia in the Era of POEM
Michael F. Vaezi, MD, PhD, MSc(Epi), FACG
Discuss appropriate treatment for manometric phenotypes and personal preferences in patients with achalasia.
- Borderline Esophageal Motor Function: The Garbage Can of Motility
John E. Pandolfino, MD, MSCI, FACG
Recognize which esophageal motility disorders are clinically relevant.
Breakfast O: The Shift From Humoring to Honoring Your Patient’s Questions (Going Beyond Medications)
Moderator: Arun C. Swaminath, MD
- “Pot” Roast: Do Diet and Marijuana Have a Role in Management of IBD?
Arun C. Swaminath, MD
Summarize data-based advice regarding diet therapy and marijuana use in the management of IBD.
- Recognizing and Managing Psychological Problems in the IBD Patient
Laurie A. Keefer, PhD
Identifying and managing psychological issues in your IBD patient population.
- Probiotics, Antibiotics, and Stool Transplants (A Gut Hack – Manipulating the Microbiome)
Colleen R. Kelly, MD, FACG
Describe dysbiosis in IBD and interventions to repair it.
Breakfast P: Emerging Medical and Surgical Therapies for Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders
Moderator: Brooks D. Cash, MD, FACG
- GERD and Hypercontractile Esophageal Disorders
Shivangi T. Kothari, MD, FACG
Discuss new advances in medical and surgical therapies for GERD and hypercontractile esophageal disorders.
Braden Kuo, MD
Explain the mechanisms and evidence regarding new advances in gastroparesis therapy.
- Constipation and Incontinence
Brooks D. Cash, MD, FACG
Recognize emerging therapies for functional anorectal disorders.
||David Y. Graham Lecture
Management of Patients With Colorectal Polyps: A Personalized Approach Based on Etiology
Carol A. Burke, MD, FACG
Introduced by: Irving M. Pike, MD, FACG, ACG President
Describe the implications of lifestyle, genetics, and polyp characteristics on the management of patients with colorectal polyps.
||Simultaneous Symposia Session 5 - Choose from 2
Symposium 5A: Pancreatic Neoplasia
Moderator: Linda S. Lee, MD
- Pancreatic Cysts: Navigating the Guidelines
Linda S. Lee, MD
Apply the ACG Guidelines to the management of pancreatic cysts.
- Screening for Pancreatic Cancer: 2018 Update
Vivek Kaul, MD, FACG
Identify the current state of the science for pancreatic cancer screening in high-risk populations.
- Malignant Masquerades in Pancreatic Disease
Christopher J. DiMaio, MD, FACG
Describe the various clinical conditions and imaging findings that mimic pancreatic malignancy and how to evaluate and manage these patients.
Symposium 5B: ACG Annual Debrief: IBD Highlights at This Year’s Annual Meeting
Moderator: David T. Rubin, MD, FACG
- Ulcerative Colitis Medical Management
David T. Rubin, MD, FACG
Discuss breakthroughs in clinical care for patients with ulcerative colitis.
- Crohn's Disease Medical Management
Gary R. Lichtenstein, MD, FACG
Describe breakthroughs in clinical care for patients with Crohn’s disease.