||Simultaneous Symposia: Session 5
In-person attendees can choose from two simultaneous symposia. One of the two symposia will be livestreamed for virtual attendees to view. All attendees will have access to on-demand recordings from both symposia following the conference.
Symposium 5A: Fecal Microbiota Transplantation at a Crossroads: Where Are We Now and Where Are We Going?
Moderator: Paul Feuerstadt, MD, FACG
- A Clinician’s Crash Course to Understanding the Microbiota
Paul Feuerstadt, MD, FACG
Review what the microbiota is and how it is measured and evaluated, recognize what a “normal” microbiota consortium looks like, and define the most common terms used in this field.
- The Future of Microbiota Restoration in C. difficile Infections
Sahil Khanna, MD, FACG
Identify the newest investigational microbiota replacement therapy products used to treat C. difficile infection.
- Microbiota Restoration in Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and Liver Disease
Olga C. Aroniadis, MD, MSc
Describe the alterations in the microbiota seen in non-C. difficile infection gastrointestinal diseases, and explain what the next 1-2 years of research might look like with regard to applying microbiota therapy to these disease states.
Symposium 5B: Recent Developments in Esophageal Motility Disorders
Moderator: Katarina B. Greer, MD, MS Epi
- Achalasia Guideline: Breaking It Down – Diagnosis, Pearls, Subtype, Management
Katarina B. Greer, MD, MS Epi
Discuss the common subtypes of achalasia, diagnosis and best management strategies, and how to manage treatment failures.
- The New Chicago Classification Version 4.0: Implications for Clinical Practice
John E. Pandolfino, MD, MSCI, FACG
Review the new Chicago classification of esophageal motility disorders and discuss its implications for clinical practice.
- EGJOO and Opioid-Induced Esophageal Dysfunction: Extra Considerations in Diagnosis, Treatment, and Management
Marcelo F. Vela, MD, MSCR, FACG
Describe esophagogastric junction outflow obstruction diagnosis, differential diagnosis, and management options.